Wednesday, April 20, 2022

GWATFL MAP Bulletin - April 2022

 April GWATFL MAPs News


Outreach, Liaison, and Advocacy (OLA) for DCPS
Chiara Monticelli Dabney


In March, DCPS teachers met virtually for their Spring Professional Development, focused on Teaching with Authentic Resources. It was a fun session, marked by the exchange of creative ideas on using authentic resources in ways that foster community in our classrooms, and that promote equity, differentiation and critical thinking! During the session, we were able to gauge interest from DCPS teachers to become members of GWATFL, attend the conference in person and support the Collaborative space for WL teachers of DCPS. The DCPS World Language Office is supporting teachers in attending the GWATFL Spring Conference by providing financial assistance. Thank you, DCPS!!!


I look forward to finally seeing teachers in person at the GWATFL conference, collaborating and having some fun together. My session “The Fun of Teaching! And Learning!” will surely bring smiles, laughter and most of all the joy of being together. We will connect through games and reflections (which you will be able to use with your students!), aimed at replenishing our energy and at releasing some of our need for perfectionism and control, inside and outside the classroom.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gwatfl-dcps-collaborative-online-hosted-by-chiara-monticelli-tickets-322024823917




If you are interested in being part of the GWATFL DCPS Collaborative please fill this form or email me at chiara.monticelli@k12.dc.gov














Early Language Leader
Glenda De Hoyos


The first GWATFL In-Person Early Language Convening on March 5, 2022 helped us ata GWATFL with useful information to plan and coordinate events that will help all Early Language teachers with our needs, challenges, and growth as world language educators. We are looking forward to keeping collaborating to support each in this adventure that is teaching. I want to help, share, and facilitate more PD opportunities, resources, ideas for Early Language educators.

I'm happy to announce that I am presenting in the NNELL @EarlyLang Webinar Series on April 28, 2022.  I am presenting “'Mirrors & Windows in the #EarlyLang Class." It is my hope that as I shared my path to making intentional changes in my classes to act as mirrors & windows, we can all reflect, learn & grow. Hope to see you there! Click here to register.


If you cannot make it to the NNELL webinar, I’ll see you at the GWATFL Spring Conference on April 30. I am presenting “Choosing Intentionally: Edtech in the Early Language Class.” The goal of this session is to model ideas and strategies, tips and tricks for how to use different edtech tools in the Early Language classroom focusing on the backward design and planning with the mindset of Less-but-Better. See you at the GWATFL Spring Conference!
.

And you can always connect with me through Twitter @glendadehoyos





GWATFL Mentorship Leader
Maris Hawkins






GWATFL TIPS Leader
Allison Perryman




I’ll see you at the GWATFL Spring Conference on April 30. I am presenting “Inclusive Teaching: Ways your Curriculum Can Reflect the Diversity of Your Students in the WL Classroom.








Teacher of the Year Leader
Wesley Wood




I’ll see you at the
GWATFL Spring Conference on April 30. I am presenting “Casting a Wider Net: How to Better Reach Neurodiverse Language Learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment